What to Expect
Our first concern is to find out what is wrong. We will also check for signs of any conditions for which you would need to go to your GP or to hospital.
What can I expect?
- Allow 45-60 minutes for your initial appointment.
- For follow up appointments, allow 15-30 minutes.
- For all appointments patients undress to their underwear. Ladies are given a clinic gown.
- Depending on your condition you will be given routine orthopaedic, neurological and physical examinations.
- You may be x-rayed or referred for MRI imaging to help with the diagnosis, if necessary.
- Before any treatment is given we will sit down and discuss the examination findings with you. We will also discuss all of your treatment options, the rationale behind these treatment options, possible adverse reactions and expected benefits. If necessary, treatment options might involve a referral to another clinician.
- Response to treatment is continuously monitored.
- If permission is given, a report of findings will be sent to your GP. This would then be followed later by a progress report.
- Treatments are based on the needs of the patient. Treatments may include manipulation or mobilisation, soft-tissue massage and exercise. Exercise may be prescribed by the chiropractor or you may be given the option of seeing our in-house exercise specialist.
- If you are seeing our exercise specialist for rehab exercises you will be advised to wear appropriate clothing and footwear eg. shorts, t-shirt and trainers. * Exercise is usually necessary as part of the rehabilitation and preventative proces.